Advocating for education—and educators
NWEA is driven to make enduring contributions to preK-12 education and help students, parents, educators, and policy makers use assessment as a tool to enhance teaching and learning.
Our National Agenda guides our work to:
- Invest in partnerships and key initiatives to advance the development of teachers and principals as professionals.
- Lead a national discussion about the impact of valid growth measures on teaching and learning for all students.
- Deepen education stakeholder understanding of assessment as a positive tool to influence the practice of teaching and learning.
- Support states, districts, and schools in their selection of assessments for the right purpose by embracing multiple measures.
- Promote school improvement through the use of assessments that provide school leaders with actionable insights.
National Task Force on Assessment Education
NWEA – Gallup Assessment Perception Studies
National Teacher of the Year Program