Using Achievement Level Descriptors to Ensure Classroom Rigor
Professional Learning Workshop
Apply achievement level descriptors to inform teaching and learning actions that support students’ success.
Support student success through rigorous instruction
Achievement level descriptors (ALDs) provide clarity about large learning goals. These valuable resources are essential to the development of standards-aligned assessments and instructional activities.
Explore key questions related to achievement level descriptors
What are the connections between ALDs and rigorous instruction?
- Define rigor and connect to Webb’s Depth of Knowledge (DOK).
- Evaluate ALDs to determine the DOK at each level.
- Align assessments and assignments to achievement levels.
How do ALDs support and enhance student learning?
- Connect the purpose of ALDs to standards, cognitive complexity, instruction, and student performance.
- Analyze ALDs in terms of thinking process (i.e., Bloom’s Taxonomy) and level of understanding (i.e., Webb’s DOK).
Designed with you in mind
This offering features three total hours of professional learning. Your NWEA representative will help determine the best on-site or virtual delivery option to meet your needs.
Face-to-face session with a consultant
Live instruction through our online portal
Ready to learn more? Our team is here to help.