Grades K–2: Early Word Recognition
Professional Learning Workshop
Implement effective literacy instruction through accessible classroom- and evidence-based practices.
Utilize a sounds-first approach for early literacy instruction
Deepen pedagogical content knowledge for early literacy instruction grounded in the converging evidence from the science of reading research.
Explore a key question during each segment of learning
- How do sounds in the English language relate to letter names?
- How can I teach the relationship between speech and print?
- How can I teach hard words in ways that make them stick?
- How do I choose and use texts purposefully?
- How do I design and deliver phonics lessons?
- How do I support early readers with responsive learning practices?
Designed with you in mind
This offering is divided into two 3-hour parts. It is recommended that the parts be completed in order, within a reasonable time frame. Your NWEA representative will help determine the best on-site or virtual delivery option to meet your needs.
Face-to-face session with a consultant
Live instruction through our online portal
Ready to learn more? Our team is here to help.