NWEA shares plans to provide remote testing as an option this fall
June 8, 2020
As schools begin work on fall restart plans, uncertainty still lies ahead. At NWEA, we’re working diligently to be the responsive, supportive partner organization that schools deserve. We understand that educators are resolving many complex issues are first and foremost focused on the well-being of students and staff. Right now, assessments may not be at the top of priority lists.
But when it’s time to turn your attention to the academic readiness of students, NWEA is fully prepared to support remote testing. This includes MAP Growth and MAP Reading Fluency—and at-home use of MAP Accelerator and MAP Skills.
We recently launched Remote Testing and School Closure Support to provide comprehensive guidance and support for remote testing. Many resources are available now and the full set of resources will be complete by the end of June, including:
- Considerations and recommendations for using MAP Suite solutions in remote environments to help you build your remote testing plan
- Remote testing step-by-step user guides
- Troubleshooting guides and FAQs
- Video overviews of test session management and resolving common challenges
- Materials to support school-to-home communication
In addition, NWEA’s research staff will document guidance on interpreting and using data from remote testing.
We are committed to supporting every partner this fall, no matter what form testing takes at your school or district. Please contact your account manager with any questions about using MAP Suite solutions remotely.