A kids-first philosophy
Founded nearly 40 years ago, NWEA is a global not-for-profit educational services organization known for our flagship interim assessment, Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®). Educators trust our assessments, professional development offerings, and research to help advance all students along their learning path.
We started with a dream of our own: to devise a formative testing system that responds dynamically to the child, and gives educators detailed insight into kids' learning.
Today, 24 million assessments later, we still measure our success against these core beliefs:
- Continuous growth provides opportunity and challenge.
- Collaborative efforts contribute to mutual strength and vitality.
- Investment in local expertise and resources enhances kids' growth.
- Continuing relationships are vital to effectiveness.
- Credibility is built through quality products and responsive service.
- Thoughtful questioning and reflection are critical to creating the future.
- Contributing to the discovery and dissemination of knowledge expands our capacity to improve education.