School Improvement Coach, Professional Learning
Mesha believes that educators are responsible for equipping students with the knowledge and skills needed to impact our ever-changing global society. She understands that for educators to fulfill this task, leaders must create an environment that supports and develops them. Her belief that leaders should do everything possible to grow themselves and make the right environment for others to grow aligns with her educational philosophy. It is the passion behind her work as an educational leader.
"Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others."
Currently, Mesha serves as the chief executive officer of Cultivate and Sustain Educational Services, LLC in Georgia, founded in 2021. In this role, she consults with charter schools and delivers coaching and professional learning services based on the school’s needs. Some of these topics include but are not limited to data analysis to drive school improvement, instructional rounds, and maximizing FTE funds through various program models. Mesha served as a principal for seven years in urban public schools in Atlanta, Georgia, and Houston, Texas. She also spent more than three years working as an administrator in a state charter school. Her other roles in education include serving as a district-level coach and subject matter expert. Before moving into leadership and developing leaders, she worked as a middle school mathematics teacher in Georgia, her home state.
Supporting schools and developing leaders are Mesha’s passions. During her tenure as principal, she developed and grew her leaders. The coaching and developing model she used with her leadership team aligned perfectly with the 5Essentials®:
- Establishment of a coherent scope and sequence aligned to state standards that addressed curriculum, instruction, and assessment for high-priority schools (Ambitious Instruction)
- Creation of a recruitment and retention program for “hard to staff” schools (Effective Leadership)
- Implementation of professional learning communities to support vertical and horizontal collaboration (Collaborative Teachers)
- Creation of a community mentoring program to support male students with academics and social-emotional goals (Supportive Environment)
- Implementation of family activities and programming to foster a positive partnership between home and school (Involving Families)
Mesha holds a bachelor of business administration degree with a major in finance from the University of West Georgia and an MEd and EdS (educational specialist degree) in middle school education with an educational leadership add-on from Mercer University. Mesha has continued her professional leadership development through membership in NASSP (National Association of Secondary School Principals) and attending local state educational conferences.
Create meaningful change in school leader practice that has measurable impact on teaching and learning. Through a research-driven, holistic approach, we partner with you to deliver a school improvement plan that empowers school leaders as the central agents of change.