How to move students to a different school using NTE Admin 2
If a student has changed schools within your district, and tests will be administered to the student at the new school, the student’s testing account will need to moved to the new school’s Network Test Environment (NTE). Use the Manage Students feature in the NTE Admin 2 to modify the student profile to show the appropriate school and teacher/class assignments and move the student's testing data to the new school's NTE. A district-level account, such as a MAP Coordinator or district-level Proctor account is required to move students between schools in a district.
How to modify school assignments
- Launch and log in to the NTE Admin 2 software. Note that Teacher accounts do not have permissions to log into NTE Admin 2.
- From the top menu, click Manage Students > View/Modify Student Profile. The Search Student screen will appear.
- Enter your search criteria in the appropriate fields. You can enter part of a student's name and/or search on more than one field at a time.
- After you have entered your search criteria, click the Search button.
- Select the student record you wish to modify from the list below using the Edit button.
- The Edit Student Profile screen will appear. Select the student's updated school using the School dropdown in the bottom box. Click the Assign Classes link to open the Class Assignment window. Make your class selections and click Save. When you have finished making changes to the student profile, click the Save & Close button. To cancel your changes and reset the student profile back to what it was before you started making changes, click the Cancel button.
- Once changes have been saved to NWEA's servers, you will have the option to update (download) the student's info in new school's Network Test Environment (NTE) folder. Click Yes to do so, or No if you plan to do so at a later date.
- Once finished, you will be returned to the Search Student page.
Please note: the student testing account will be moved provided the account is not in use (i.e., the student is not testing) at the time of the move. If testing is in progress as you are modifying the student's profile, you may wait and re-download Student Data at a time when testing is not in progress. If this change is being made to multiple student accounts, re-downloading Student Data will update all accounts at once. Be sure to modify the student testing account with the correct school and teacher/class assignments for accurate reporting.