How to use MAP TestTaker with Microsoft Magnifier for the visually impaired
Begin by creating a keyboard shortcut to Microsoft Magnifier as follows:
- In Windows, go to Start → All Programs → Accessories → Accessibility → Magnifier. Right-click on Magnifier and select Properties. The Magnifier properties screen appears.
- Go to the Shortcut tab. Click the Shortcut key field. Hit the keyboard combination that you would like to use to launch Magnifier going forward. For example, if you want to start Magnifier by pressing Ctrl + Shift + M, click the Shortcut key field and then hit Ctrl + Shift + M.
- Click Apply. Click OK.
With your keyboard shortcut in place, launch MAP TestTaker, begin a test, and then use the keyboard shortcut you assigned to bring up Magnifier during the assessment.
- MAP TestTaker will not start if the Microsoft Magnifier is already started.
- When Microsoft Magnifier is in use, the Go On button in MAP TestTaker is not visible during testing because the taskbar is active. To move to the next question, students must select an answer and then press the Enter key.
- Accessing the Proctor Administration Menu (by pressing Ctrl + Shift + P) does not work when Microsoft Magnifier is active.
- When taking a test, you may need to intermittently resize the windows to see all available answers.