NWEA - Northwest Evaluation Association
How to investigate missing test results
Occasionally, student assessment scores will not appear where the district expects to see them reported. This can happen in a variety of situations, including:
- The student score has not yet been uploaded to NWEA for reporting.
- The student did not take the test in question.
- An attribute assigned to the student in the Class Roster File (CRF), such as the student's ID number or last name, changed between terms.
- A student took an assessment at a date outside of the district's specified test window.
If you believe a student RIT score is missing from NWEA Reports, begin investigation with the following steps:
- Examine the Students Not Tested Report, available from the NWEA Reports Site. This report displays students who were included in the initial Class Roster File but have not yet taken an assessment or have not yet uploaded their test results. Once an upload has occurred, results will appear on the Reports Site within 24-48 hours; if you believe a student appears on this list in error, perform a test results upload, wait 24-48 hours, and check this report for updated data. Compare your local results upload schedule with the Results Upload Summary report. The Results Upload Summary report, located on the NWEA Reports Site, contains a record of every upload NWEA has received from your district in the previous 30 days. Depending on your local schedule, verify that this report reflects the same upload schedule that you have implemented. If the report displays results received as zero, this means that a results upload is in progress or has recently been completed.
- Search for duplicate student instances. Using the Test Administration's Search function, search for the student with the missing score, by first or last name. If you see multiple instances of the same student, this indicates the possibility that the score is not "lost," but rather, associated with a duplicate student account. Duplicate student instances must be handled via a Data Repair Request or by contacting Technical Support.
If, after completing the above steps, the score does not appear on NWEA reports, please contact Technical Support for assistance at 1-877-469-3287.
Print (Will print the contents of this page)